Twist and Shout«back
- Open space
- Stereo equipment
- Music: “The Twist,” “Twist and Shout,” “Let’s Twist Again,” “Peppermint Twist”
- Show your child how to move with a twist (raised bent arms rotate with torso one direction, bent legs rotate with hips in other direction).
- Play music and start twisting with your child.
- Call out “shout!” every 15-20 seconds. Each time, your child must jump straight up.
- After landing, your child must resume twisting.
- Try to twist low to the floor from time to time.
- For a challenge, try to twist on one foot
This activity develops coordination and balance as kids shift their weight from one foot to the other while twisting their body through a dynamic range of motion.
Suggested Age4-12 years