- Bathtub and parent supervision
- During bath time, encourage your toddler to splash in the water by kicking their legs.
- Remove items from near the bathtub if you do not want them wet.
- Have your toddler kick as they sit or recline in the bathtub. (Support their head if necessary.)
- Encourage your toddler to splash with their hands by pushing the water with their hands as paddles
This activity develops leg coordination, strength and gross motor control in the lower body. These skills transfer to sports and activities that involve swimming or simply kicking an object (e.g., soccer, football, martial arts).
Suggested Age1-3 years