- Open space with hard pavement (concrete or asphalt)
- A basketball or large bouncy ball (appropriately sized for your child)
- Dribbling means bouncing a ball continuously with the palm and fingers of the hand.
- Show your child how to do a two-handed dribble (both hands contact the ball at the same time).
- Show your child how to do right- and left-handed dribble. One hand will be more difficult depending on whether your child is left-handed or right-handed.
- Practice all three dribbles.
- Play a mirror game: when you dribble with your left hand, so must your child. Vary the dribbles, speed, height and other factors to make the game fun.
Try the mirror game with your child leading
This activity develops hand-eye coordination, balance, and rhythmical movement.
- Skill: Dribble
- 15 minutes
- Suggested age 5-12 years