Basketball Passing - Wheeling
- Gymnasium or outdoor space with hard ground surface, lightweight basketball or volleyball for young children, standard basketball for older children and teens.
- Child in a wheelchair passes back and forth with another child or adult.
- Start 2 metres apart and then move farther apart when more challenge is desired.
- Practice throwing one-handed, and practice throwing two-handed (e.g. two-handed overhead pass, two-handed chest pass).
- This activity develops throwing and catching skills together with core strength.
If you want to make passing easier, try using a lighter ball (e.g. volleyball).
- For extra challenge, try to pass and catch while moving.
This activity develops throwing and catching skills together with core strength.
- Skill: Catch, Throw, Wheel
- 5 minutes
- Suggested age 8-12 years