Basketball Shooting - Wheeling
- Gymnasium or outdoor space with hard ground surface, basketball hoop, lightweight basketball or volleyball for young children, standard basketball for older children and teens.
- Working with a partner or small group, take turns shooting for one minute, and see how many baskets you can score in that time.
- Partners who are not shooting are responsible for rebounding the ball for the shooter.
- If you want to make shooting easier, try using a lighter ball (e.g. volleyball).
- For extra challenge, try to shoot while moving.
This activity develops throwing skills together with core strength.
- Skill: Throw, Wheel
- 5 minutes
- Suggested age 8-12 years