Soccer Indoor Mini Game
• Indoor space without breakable objects.
• Foam ball 15-20 cm diameter (available from most toy retailers).
• Optional: Ball made from socks (stuff 2-3 pairs of socks inside each other).
- Clear a space for a mini-game field in a large living room, family room, empty garage, or wide hallway.
- Create simple goals using pillows, chairs, and other available objects as goal posts (2-metre goals).
- Play 2-versus-2 without goalkeepers if no adults are playing.
- Play 2-versus-1 if you have an older child with two younger children.
- Adjust the goals, the game field, or the teams to make it fair and fun.
- If adults want to play, add them as goalkeepers (who let many goals in).
- Adult goalkeepers are encouraged to let children score, without making it obvious.
• If you have an odd number of players, you can play three-against-two, four-against-three, five-against-four, etc.
• Move players between the two teams to balance the talent and ability as best as you can.
• With good balancing, both teams will score goals, and that makes it fun for everyone playing.
This activity develops kicking, along with some ball dribbling.
- Skill: Dribble, Kick
- 20 minutes
- Suggested age 4-8 years