Parents in sport
Parents in sport
Active for Life is proud to support parents in sport. Whether it’s driving kids to practices and games, preparing team snacks, organizing events, or providing a listening and supportive ear, parents play an essential role in supporting their children in sport and activity.
Below, you’ll find a variety of articles and resources to help parents, coaches, and sport organizations to understand and promote positive sport parenting.
Parents in Sport Week
October 1 to October 7, 2018
Ways to support Parents in Sport Week
- Share the campaign with other sport groups in your network. Link to this PISW Toolkit using this URL https://activeforlife.com/parents-in-sport/?utm_source=aflpartner&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=2018.
- Celebrate parents and their contributions in your e-newsletters and on your website.
- Post on social media using the hashtags #PISW and #Sportsparents.
- Use the graphics we’ve created to promote PISW. They’re just below.
- Share the articles below.
- Have your athletes record a short video thanking their parents.
- Have your coaches and administrative staff record a video celebrating how much they appreciate parent contributions.
- Save the date: PISW Webinar on Tuesday October 2, at 10 a.m. PT / 11 a.m. MT / 1 p.m. ET. Register for the webinar.
Use these URLs when creating links to our parents in sport pages:
- Parents in Sport Week 2018: https://activeforlife.com/parents-in-sport-week-2018/?utm_source=afl-partner&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=2018
- Parents in sport resources: https://activeforlife.com/parents-in-sport/?utm_source=aflpartner&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=2018
Use these images in conjunction with the links above in the promotional spaces on your website, in newsletters, or email blasts.
- For use by individuals, teams, clubs, and organizations to show their support for PISW. This image has been created to be easily used on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or to be used as your display picture to show your support of PISW.
- For use by umbrella organizations on a website or newsletter to encourage your network to promote PISW. The promo box should link to this toolkit page. The URL is https://activeforlife.com/parents-in-sport/?utm_source=aflpartner&utm_medium=promo&utm_campaign=2018
Newsletter or website copy
Feel free to use or revise this text to introduce your audience to Parents in Sport Week.
From driving kids to practices and games, preparing team snacks, organizing events, and providing a listening and supportive ear, parents play an essential role in supporting children in sport.
For coaches and clubs, Parents in Sport Week is a reminder to inform and involve parents and to build a positive environment where kids, coaches, and parents can thrive.
Feel free to use these on your own Twitter account.
October 1-7 is Parents in Sport Week! Learn more: https://bit.ly/2wmbhRB #Sportsparents #PISW
Parents play a big role in making #youthsports happen for kids. Join us in celebrating #Sportsparents October 1-7: https://bit.ly/2wmbhRB #PISW
5 tips for parents who want to create a better sport experience for their child: http://bit.ly/2eXUCMg #Sportsparents #PISW
Suggested Facebook posts
Use these posts on your Facebook page.
October 1-7 is Parents in Sport Week! Active for Life celebrates all the parents who make community sport and physical activity happen for kids. Whether it’s driving kids to practices and games, organizing events, or providing their child with a listening and supportive ear, parents are important in making sport and activity happen. Read more about Parents in Sport Week: https://bit.ly/2wmbhRB
Celebrate Parents in Sport Week with us October 1-7! We have tips for parents who want to create a better sport experience for their child. Read more: http://bit.ly/2eXUCMg
October 1-7 is Parents in Sport Week! Please join us in celebrating all the parents who make sport and activity possible for kids. Read tips on being a great sport parent, and reflect on ways you can support your child’s coach or instructor: https://bit.ly/2Nej0YV
Share these images on your social channels to promote positive parenting in sport. Consider including a link to an AfL article above with the image.