This section contains resources that parents can use to help their children to develop physical literacy. If you are an educator, caregiver, or program leader, please visit our Pro Resources section.
Children develop physical literacy by learning a wide variety of fundamental movement skills that allow them to enjoy many different physical activities and sports. Without physical literacy, they are less likely to stay active for life.
If you are a parent, we encourage you to make use of these resources to promote your child’s physical literacy:
- What is physical literacy?
- Introduction to physical literacy
- Activities for babies and toddlers ages 0-3 years
- KidActive mobile app with activities and games
- Children’s daily activity log sheet
- Links and resources to promote physical literacy in your community
- Get physical literacy on the agenda with BACK P.A.C.
- Use our Skills Builder tool to help your child develop physical literacy
- Hands up for health and physical literacy
- Get Coaching online tutorials for parent volunteer coaches