Basic Pedal Biking
• Small two-wheel pedal bike
- Introduce your early elementary age child to wheeling on two wheels.
- Walk alongside your child as they start to pedal with their legs.
- Provide physical support as they start to use the pedals.
- Stay on sidewalks of quiet streets and park pathways.
See how far your child can wheel without your support (but stay close for safety).
TIP: Make sure your child always wears a helmet.
*This activity develops dynamic balance and coordination essential for long-term success in cycling.
- Skill: Balance
- 30 minutes
- Suggested age 5-8 years