Active for Life’s purpose is to spread the message about the importance of physical literacy to as many people as possible. Because of this, we are happy to share original articles from our website free of charge.
Ideally, please publish the title and first paragraph of the article on your website or in your e-newsletter and then add, “read more” linked directly to the original article as published on Active for Life. As an alternative, you can publish the article in its entirety but in order to do that, you must contact us first by emailing [email protected].
Please contact us if you would like to discuss your options to adapt or share AfL’s infographics, printables or other visual resources, or to use any of our other visual assets.
Conditions of reprint, republish, reuse
Organizations wishing to use content from the Active for Life website must agree to:
- Inform us in advance which article(s) will be used and in what format (online, in print, newsletter, etc.) before they are posted or published. Note that only the text of the article may be reproduced unless you have asked for and received written permission to republish images or visual assets.
- Retain the original article’s byline (e.g., By Jim Grove).
- Keep all links active within the body of the article.
- Insert this credit line at the end of the article:
- Active for Life is a national initiative created to help parents raise physically literate children. At activeforlife.com, parents, educators, and coaches will find fun activities, engaging articles, and free resources to get kids active, healthy and happy. Sign up for Active for Life’s monthly newsletters. Connect with Active for Life on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Insert the Active for Life logo somewhere on the article page. If possible, have the logo link back to our website. To ensure you are using the correct version of the logo, please download the logo file directly from our website, not from a Google image search or other sources.
- Agree to remove our content from your site (and/or other materials) immediately if requested by us.
- Add our name or logo to the “Supporters” or “Partners” page on your website, if there is such a page.
Making changes to articles
Given the conditions above are met, you can write a new headline for the article. You may also make minor edits — spelling, punctuation, etc. — to align the article with your house style. Other changes are not permitted without express written consent from the Active for Life editors.
Content is non-exclusive
Organizations that use our content recognize that they do not have exclusive use of our articles. That is, our articles may also appear on other organization’s websites, e-newsletters, printed resources, etc.