- 60-80 cm smooth stick or narrow piece of lumber that fits in child’s hands
- Hockey tape
- Ball(s) 10-25 cm in diameter or empty tin can
- Wrap one end of the stick with hockey tape to form a handgrip.
- In an outdoor place (yard or park), hit the ball or tin can around on the ground.
- Make sure your child does not hit animals or other children.
- As your child develops better control of the stick, try rolling a ball for them to hit
This activity develops hand-eye coordination and timing while using a striking tool (such as a bat, a racquet, or a hockey stick).
- Skill: Strike
- 15 minutes
- Suggested age 1-3 years