Bean Bag Golf – Wheeling
- Gymnasium or outdoor space with hard ground surface; 3-5 throwing objects per child (e.g. bean bags), 3-5 start markers (e.g. plastic cones or lines on floor), 3-5 goals or golf holes (e.g. hula hoops)
- Place a start marker on the ground with the first hula hoop approximately 3-4 meters away. This is the first golf hole.
- Place your next start marker near the first hoop with the second hoop approximately 3-4 meters away. This is your second golf hole.
- Continue to place more markers and hoops to create as many golf holes as you want.
- Starting at the first marker, participants try to throw their bean bags into the first hoop.
- If their bean bag misses the hoop, participants retrieve their bean bag, return to the start line, and throw again until the bean bag lands in the hoop.
- Participants move to the next start marker and play the next golf hole.
- The game ends when all participants have gotten their bean bags into all the hoops and completed the entire golf course.
- If you want to add a bit of competition, record each player’s total number of throws at each hole. The winner is the player with the lowest score at the end of the game.
This activity develops throwing.
- Skill: Throw, Wheel
- 10 minutes
- Suggested age 5-12 years