Bounce and Catch
- 2-3 different bouncy balls (e.g. large inflated bouncy ball, tennis ball, solid rubber ball)
- Show your child how to drop a ball, let it bounce once, and then catch.
- Encourage your child to drop and catch the ball many times in a row.
- Let your child try different sizes of balls, and start with balls that are easier to catch (e.g. larger balls).
- If it helps, children with physical disabilities can sit down while bouncing and catching, so their hands are free to catch.
This activity develops hand-eye coordination, as well as fine motor control of the hands and fingers.
- Skill: Catch
- 15 minutes
- Suggested age 4-6 years