Hockey Bowling – Wheeling
- Gymnasium or outdoor space with hard ground surface, street hockey ball, hockey stick, standing targets (e.g. empty plastic bottles or yoghurt containers).
- Stand up the targets, 20-30 centimetres apart, in front of a wall.
- Mark a shooting line about 2 metres from the targets.
- Children take turns trying to knock over the targets by shooting the ball at them.
- If you want to make shooting easier, try using lighter, softer balls.
- Try using shorter, lighter sticks for greater control.
This activity develops striking skills together with core strength.
- Skill: Strike, Wheel
- 5 minutes
- Suggested age 5-12 years