Hockey Mini Sticks
- Carpeted indoor space without furniture or breakable objects.
- Mini hockey sticks and ball (available from most toy retailers).
- With younger children, start by simply passing a soft foam ball back and forth for practice.
- Create two simple goals and play a game of 1-versus-1 or 2-versus-2 hockey.
- Shoes, pillows, and other soft objects can be used as goal posts.
- Older children and adults play on their knees to make the game fair for smaller children.
This activity develops striking.
- Skill: Strike
- 15 minutes
- Suggested age 5-10 years