Toddler Ball Rolling
• Soft plastic ball 10-20 cm in diameter
• Clean indoor floor area
• Preferably carpet for comfort
- Sit on the floor with your toddler sitting between your legs.
- Both you and your toddler face another adult or older child sitting on the floor.
- With your legs spread apart, gently roll the ball back and forth between your toddler and the other adult or older child.
- Encourage your toddler to “catch” the ball by receiving it with both hands.
This activity develops hand-eye coordination, gross motor control, and the ability to track moving objects. These skills transfer to sports and activities that involve moving objects (e.g., balls, pucks, shuttlecocks, frisbees, ribbons, sticks, batons).
- Skill: Catch
- 10 minutes
- Suggested age 1-3 years