And the best part is your kids can develop these skills and have fun at the same time.
KidActive is our app that will help you guide your kids to physical literacy. It was built for your mobile phone or tablet but you can also use it on any computer.
It includes 50+ fun, quick and easy activities that your kids can do. Each was designed by physical literacy experts to develop fundamental movement skills.
- Bathtub swimmer, for example, develops leg coordination, strength, and gross motor control in the lower body.
- Kick side foot develops leg coordination, strength, and fine motor control in the lower body.
- Skip to my Lou develops dynamic balance, coordination, and rhythm.
- Toddler bubble catch develops hand-eye coordination, gross motor control, and the ability to track moving objects.
- Twist and shout develops coordination and balance as kids shift their weight from one foot to another.
We’ve grouped the activities into three categories (mobility, arms, and legs) to ensure your kids are balanced in their development.
The activities have also been listed by the amount of time they take, so if you’ve only got 10 minutes in the school yard before the morning bell, you can easily find an activity that can be completed in that time.
KidActive is practical, simple, and ready for you to use. Use it at home, in your school, at your community centre, at the playground, or anywhere else you and your kids have a bit of space, a bit of time, and the desire to get active.
Give KidActive a try and let us know what you think. If you’ve got suggestions for other features, other activities, or general feedback about KidActive, leave them in the comments below. We’ll be regularly updating the app to make it better for you.