- 1 900 mL box low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1/3 cup skiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1-2 individual packages ramen noodles (depending on how noodle-y you like your soup)
- ¼ cup scallion, thinly sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring the stock, water and miso to a boil.
- Stir in the mushrooms, chicken, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic powder and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings if needed (the miso paste and soy sauce run on the salty side).
- Add the noodles and cook until soft, 2-5 minutes.
- Top with scallions and serve.
- Makes 2-6 servings, depending on size.
Adapted from Weelicious
Get adventurous with ingredients. Instead of chicken and mushrooms, try tofu and seaweed or shrimp and spinach.