Hockey Shooting – Wheeling
- Gymnasium or outdoor space with hard ground surface, street hockey ball, hockey stick, hockey net.
- Set up the hockey net with a wall behind it, and then lay down markers 2, 3, 4, and 5 metres from the net.
- Children take turns shooting at the net, starting at 2 metres and then moving to the next marker each time they score.
- Goalies are optional. Add a goalie only if the child wants a greater challenge.
- If you want to make shooting easier, try using lighter, softer, and bigger balls.
- Try using shorter, lighter sticks for greater control.
- Use cones or rags to mark the goal, and then you can adjust the goal to any size.
This activity develops striking skills together with core strength.
- Skill: Strike, Wheel
- 5 minutes
- Suggested age 5-12 years