- Open space
- Two partners
- In Mirror Mirror, two partners face each other. One person is the “mirror master” and makes body movements. The other person must copy or “mirror” the movements.
- For the first try, stand facing your child with a small space between you.
- As you wave your arms, jump, step, wiggle, bend or otherwise move, your child must try to “mirror” your movement.
- After your child has imitated you for a few minutes, let your child be the mirror master.
- Try different fundamental movements such as hopping, jumping, spinning, skipping, and running on the spot.
- Try different movement themes – the mirror master can imagine he or she is a hockey player, a firefighter, James Bond, or anyone else who does a lot of moving.
This activity develops coordination and balance as kids try to imitate the movements of their parent or play partner.
- Skill: Balance, Run, Skip, Hop, Jump, Agility
- 10 minutes
- Suggested age 2-6 years