Edamame are a total power snack. High in protein, low in fat and a natural source of vitamin E. This salad combines the cute little green pods with crunchy bean sprouts, creamy avocado and tangy sun-dried tomatoes. What’s not to love?
- 2 tbsp oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Spanish paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) edamame beans, cooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) bean sprouts, loosely packed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- In a large salad bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients.
- Add in the edamame, bean sprouts and avocado. Toss gently.
- Allow to marinate before serving.
- Makes 4 servings
Adapted from Food Network Canada
To cook the edamame, bring them to boil in 2 cups of water. Turn to low once boiling, cooking for another 3-5 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold water until cold.