- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Whole grain sandwich bread
- Favourite sandwich toppings
- In a medium bowl, smash the chickpeas and avocado together using a potato masher.
- Mix in cilantro, green onion and lime juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto sandwich bread, layering with the other toppings.
- Makes enough for 3-4 sandwiches.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod
Our favourite toppings are spinach, sprouts, iceberg lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes.
Got some leftover salad? Use it as a dip.