- 8 bananas, peeled
- 32oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- assorted toppings: chopped peanuts or almonds, toasted coconut, granola or oatmeal, dried cranberries
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Insert a popsicle stick into one end of each banana, leaving enough of the stick exposed for a handle. Place bananas on the baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- In a double-boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring until shiny.
- On several plates, arrange the topping ingredients, forming an assembly line.
- One at a time, dip a banana in the chocolate, coating completely. Use a spoon or knife if needed.
- Roll bananas in desired toppings. Quickly transfer back to baking sheet and return to freezer.
- Once completely frozen, bananas can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container between layers of wax paper.
- Makes 8 individual servings.
Semisweet chocolate isn’t your only option for coating the bananas. Try dark or milk chocolate for varied colour and taste.
Bananas are an awesome after-sport snack. Their high levels of potassium help support healthy muscle development.