Screen time – the time a child spends watching television, playing video games or using the computer – has always posed a threat to play, and as technology advances, keeping kids from staring at screens all day is only going to become more of a challenge.
Screens of all sizes can be found everywhere, from the large flatscreens in our homes to the mobile devices we carry with us. What we need to do is teach our kids when it’s okay for screen time and how to manage the amount of time they spend in front of a screen. Sometimes that is easier said than done. The articles and research below will help parents navigate this common parenting challenge.
- Groundbreaking study shows the effects of screen time on kids’ brains
- How your child’s screen time really stacks up against outdoor play
- “Screenagers” is a documentary about growing up in the digital age
- New screen time guidelines for kids under 5
- Kids’ screen time, inactivity, and the growing ‘sleepidemic’
- Screen time advice you can actually use
- 12 tips for managing your kids’ handheld screen time
- 4 tips to control screen time