- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 large yam, cut length wise into wedges
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C). Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup, lime juice and curry powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss yam wedges with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the reserved baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning once, till golden brown.
- Serve the wedges with the ketchup.
- Makes 4 servings.
Have adventurous kids? Try flavouring wedges with rosemary, chipotle or curry.
Yams are an excellent source of fiber, vitamin C and potassium. Let everyone have seconds.
Pairs well with almond crusted chicken tenders