- No equipment required
- Either indoors or outdoors, pretend to be different animals with your child.
- Flap your arms like bird wings and “fly” around obstacles.
- Hop on all fours like a frog, and say “Ribbit-ribbit-ribbit”.
- Hop on two legs with feet together, and pretend to be kangaroos.
- Bend your knees, walk with your legs far apart, and swing your arms like chimpanzees.
- Walk on feet and hands and pretend to be a reptile.
- Walk on hands and knees and pretend to be kittens saying “meow”.
- Slide on the floor or ground and pretend to be snakes saying “hiss”.
- Invent other animal ideas and noises.
- Ask your child to suggest an animal that you can both imitate
This activity develops coordination and balance as kids try to imitate the movements of different animals.
Suggested Age1-6 years