• Flat and level indoor or outdoor space at least 3m by 5m
• Dry lawn or carpet recommended
- In a flat, open area, show your child how to crab walk.
- Squat on ground, place hands behind you, and lift your hips off the ground.
- Start “walking” using hands and feet.
- Play follow the leader as you crab walk.
• Challenge your child to a crab walk race over a short distance.
• If several children are present, play a game of tag in a confined area while crab walking.
This activity develops coordination, balance, and strength as kids try to imitate the movements of a crab.
Suggested Age5-12 years